History

Home >> Company >> History

2001 - Today

Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

In 2001 a new magnetic separation unit was built for processing raw magnesite. It uses high intensity rare earth roll separators in order to upgrade the grade of the kiln feed material. Prior to magnetic separation the raw material is dried using the enthalpy of the kiln flue gases. 

Category: 

1991 - 2000

Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

In 1991 a major investment project was completed that included the transfer of part of the rural road Yerakini-Polygyros so that a significant magnesite deposit could be exploited.

Category: 

1971 - 1990

Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

The second rotary kiln operated in 1971, while the caustic magnesia grinding, sieving and packing installations were introduced in 1972, when the company entered the difficult and specialized international market of ground caustic magnesia.

The dense media separation unit started to operate in 1973 taking advantage of the difference between the specific gravity of magnesite and the gangue material. The construction of the second classification – preselection unit started in 1975 and was completed in 1976 remarkably boosting production. 

Category: 

1959 - 1970

Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide
Magnesium oxide

The early years were spent with the development of new markets, the acquisition of earth moving equipment, the "opening" of new mining pits and the techno-economical studies for the extensive investments which followed. 

The first rotary kiln for the production of deadburned magnesia operated in 1967 and the company started exporting to the refractory industry of the Western and Eastern Europe. 

Category: 
Subscribe to RSS - History